Game 1 is held at the Ppg Paints Arena in Pittsburgh and the puck drop is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. EST.
Where there is a Stanley Cup Final, it always begs the question: Who is going to win the Stanley Cup?
Plucking out three of the most popular polls I could find on Twitter, majority of fans are siding with the Nashville Predators to win it all.
Pekka Rinne has been playing lights out hockey as he leads all goaltenders in the playoffs in wins (12), goals against average (1.70), save percentage (.941) and shutouts (tied ). One the flip side, you have an offensive powerhouse in Pittsburgh with Crosby (7 goals, 13 assists), Malkin (7 goals, 17 assists), Kessel (7 goals, 12 assists) and Guentzel (9 goals, 7 assists).
We could be seeing a classic case of the unstoppable force meets the immovable object this Stanley Cup final.
- Mike Fisher (undisclosed) is expected to play in game 1 tonight
- Ryan Johansen (thigh) out for the playoffs
- Kevin Fiala (femur) out for the playoffs
- Patric Hornqvist (upper body) will be in the lineup for tonight’s game
- Kris Letang (neck) is out on IR due to a neck injury